Retail Manager – Flagship Store
Kowtow’s mission is to create positive change globally through our sustainable and ethical practises in the fashion industry. Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow has over 200 wholesale partners worldwide alongside our own online and flagship stores.
We have a unique opportunity in our Wellington Flagship store for an experienced Retail Manager. The successful candidate will have proven experience in a retail leadership role, preferably in fashion or a related industry. Reporting to the Head of Global Sales, you will be responsible for developing and motivating our close knit retail team, building and maintaining relationships with our loyal customer base and managing all day to day aspects of running a successful retail flagship store.
- Management of daily store operations including administration, staffing and stock control
- Meet and exceed sales targets, and provide regular sales reporting
- Lead by example to deliver exceptional customer service and drive the development of long term customer relationships
- Encourage positive team culture, consistently training and motivating the retail sales team
- Maintain highest standard of store presentation at all times
- Inventory management, including stocktakes as required, and forward planning of retail product launches, sales and seasonal store events
- Regular communication with Wellington Head Office to facilitate ongoing business improvement
- This is a full time role and you will be required to work weekends
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years retail management experience (preferably in fashion)
- Proven leadership and staff development skills
- Sales driven and results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Dynamic, positive, can-do attitude, organised, details driven and able to juggle multiple tasks
- Literate in Mac, Google apps, Shopify and POS systems
- An understanding of the Kowtow aesthetic and ability to communicate this to customers
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email cover letter and CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Seek.
Applications close Friday 18th September however this role will be filled as soon as we find a suitable candidate.