Head of Sales - Retail & Wholesale
Who We Are
Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow is a seed-to-garment brand, made entirely from 100% Fairtrade certified organic cotton.
Gosia believes that clothing is a vessel for a much bigger concept towards a healthier planet and a fairer world. Determined to create a positive environmental contribution, Kowtow works with nature to provide people with a natural and circular clothing solution, whilst working in sustainability and innovation.
“The limitations of our ethos keeps us innovative. We don’t compromise on design, and embrace restrictions. This gives our garments a strong minimal identity, and we believe the simplicity of our clothing is the first step toward circularity.”
– Gosia Piatek, Kowtow Founder & Creative Director
Kowtow’s bricks and mortar presence provides a meaningful connection to our loyal customers around the world. As well as our own retail stores in New Zealand, we partner with over 200 like minded retailers globally who share in our vision of circularity. This role will continue to drive the development and execution of Kowtow’s retail and wholesale sales strategies across all regions. The successful candidate will have proven experience in sales analysis and reporting, inventory management, customer service excellence and operational performance.
The Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic sales growth strategies across wholesale and retail channels
- Manage operating budget, including detailed sales forecasting, analysis and reporting
- Work with Head of E-Commerce to manage pricing structure across all sales regions
- Lead the wholesale and retail sales team, supporting continued growth and professional development
- Manage inventory to support forecasted sales targets and optimum stock placement
- Analyse seasonal sales performance, providing feedback to support design and product development
- Collaborate with creative team to manage sales calendar, including launches, promotions and campaign activities
- Maintain an understanding of competitor activity, industry landscape, innovation and trends
Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in a senior sales role (preferably in fashion or similar industry)
- Proven experience in planning and execution of successful brand growth strategies
- Experience in financial forecasting and budget management at a senior level
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide strategic recommendations
- Experience working on SaaS platforms (preferably Shopify +)
- Sound knowledge of the competitive landscape, both globally and regionally
- Experience in stock management systems (preferably Cin7)
- Resourceful and proactive, a confident and positive manager with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and initiative to ensure deadlines are met
Ideally you care about preserving the planet as much as we do and have a genuine interest in circularity, sustainability and innovation.
What We Offer
At Kowtow we are proud of our kind and caring culture. Flexible working options, birthday leave and volunteer days are just some of the ways we support the health and wellbeing of our team. We also offer a seasonal clothing allowance and discount so you and your loved ones can enjoy wearing our Fairtrade organic cotton clothing.
We are committed to providing an environment where people can achieve their potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and development, and we actively encourage collaboration and ideation. You will thrive at Kowtow if you have a positive attitude and share our vision of leaving the planet better than we found it!
To learn more about Kowtow please visit kowtowclothing.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now through Seek or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.