Head of E-Commerce
Who We Are
Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow is a seed-to-garment brand, with collections made exclusively from 100% Fair Trade certified organic cotton.
Gosia believes that clothing is a vessel for a much bigger concept towards a healthier planet and a fairer world. Determined to create a positive environmental contribution, Kowtow works with nature to provide people with a natural and circular clothing solution.
“The limitations of our ethos keeps us innovative. We don’t compromise on design, and embrace restrictions. This gives our garments a strong minimal identity, and we believe the simplicity of our clothing is the first step toward circularity.”
– Gosia Piatek, Kowtow Founder & Creative Director
This role will drive the development and execution of Kowtow’s digital growth strategy to increase brand awareness, market share and profitability across all regions. Responsible for leading and developing a high performing team, the successful candidate will have proven experience in managing the implementation of a digital first strategy in a creatively led business.
The Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute digital growth strategies across multiple regions
- Manage e-commerce operating budget, including sales reporting to set targets
- Drive e-commerce initiatives to ensure optimal website performance
- Manage merchandising processes and digital planning to ensure optimal presentation of product
- Optimise use of customised email campaigns and database to drive results across multiple channels
- Lead the Digital Marketing team to develop customer acquisition and retention campaigns and build brand recognition through creative marketing strategies
- Lead the E-Commerce team and the ongoing improvement of the online customer service experience
- Provide insights & solutions to continually improve digital channel performance
- Manage external contractors and agencies to ensure best practice delivery to deadline and budget
- Maintain an understanding of emerging trends, competitor activity, e-commerce industry leaders and advancements in web technology that align with the brand and improve the customer experience
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in a senior digital or e-commerce role (preferably in fashion or similar industry)
- Proven experience in planning and execution of successful digital growth strategies
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide strategic recommendations based on data
- Experience working on SaaS platforms (preferably Shopify +)
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing tools and web based technologies, with a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, both globally and regionally
- Experience in content & stock management systems (preferably Cin7)
- Resourceful and proactive, a confident and positive manager with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and initiative to ensure deadlines are met
Ideally you care about preserving the planet as much as we do and have a genuine interest in circularity, sustainability and innovation.
What We Offer
At Kowtow we are proud of our kind and caring culture. Flexible working options, birthday leave and volunteer days are just some of the ways we support the health and wellbeing of our team. We also offer a seasonal clothing allowance and discount so you and your loved ones can enjoy wearing our Fair Trade organic cotton clothing.
We are committed to providing an environment where people can achieve their potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and development, and we actively encourage collaboration and ideation. You will thrive at Kowtow if you have a positive attitude and share our vision of leaving the planet better than we found it!
To learn more about Kowtow please visit kowtowclothing.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now through Seek or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.