Head of Brand
Who We Are
Preserving the planet. Protecting the people.
Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow is a seed-to-garment brand, made entirely from 100% Fairtrade certified organic cotton. Gosia believes that clothing is a vessel for a much bigger concept towards a healthier planet and a fairer world. Determined to create a positive environmental contribution, Kowtow works with nature to provide people with a natural and circular clothing solution, whilst working in sustainability and innovation.
“The limitations of our ethos keeps us innovative. We don’t compromise on design, and embrace restrictions. This gives our garments a strong minimal identity, and we believe the simplicity of our clothing is the first step toward circularity.”
– Gosia Piatek, Kowtow Founder
The Role and what you will bring
We are searching for an innovative and energetic senior brand specialist to lead Kowtow’s strategic brand marketing strategies and drive business objectives. If you love the idea of working for a certified B-Corporation alongside a dynamic leadership team, and you do your best work in an environment open to ideation and change, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
You will be a true collaborator with a passion for story-telling. You will know how to drive business growth through strategic and creative thinking that is grounded in Kowtow’s purpose and values. You understand what it takes to be a brand guardian, and how to successfully identify and communicate a brand’s visual aesthetic and tone of voice. You will thrive on living and breathing our customer journey, bringing senior level brand marketing experience and a 360 degree approach. Pulling all this together is where your true talent will shine, showcasing your ability to translate your insights into brand marketing activities that bring to life the commercial and sustainable goals of our business.
The Primary Responsibilities:
- Drive and develop brand marketing innovation and ideation across the business
- Work with leadership to develop a company brand strategy that drives positive customer engagement and revenue growth across all platforms and regions
- Identify and create inspiring campaign plans and a marketing calendar that aligns with the Kowtow strategic vision
- Champion brand guardianship across the business, ensuring a consistent tone of voice and communication strategy for Kowtow globally
- Oversee financial management of brand marketing budgets
- Lead and develop the Brand team, encouraging collaboration and communication sharing across the business
- Establish and manage relationships with external providers
- Identify new, and drive existing brand alignments & external partner relationships
- Maintain understanding of competitor activity, industry landscape, innovation and trends
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years progressive experience in senior brand marketing roles (ideally in fashion or similar industry)
- Confident communicator and relationship manager who knows how to craft a brand message and translate it into a comprehensive marketing plan
- Proactive communicator and collaborator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinker
- Experience in financial forecasting and management at a senior level
- Sound knowledge of current brand and marketing trends and a deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Positive team manager and inspiring senior leader
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional time management and a can-do attitude
Ideally you care about preserving the planet as much as we do and have a genuine interest in circularity, sustainability and innovation
Working at Kowtow
At Kowtow we are proud of our kind and caring culture. Flexible working options, birthday leave and volunteer days are just some of the ways we support the health and wellbeing of our team, and we are currently trialling a reduced working week to allow our people more time to rest and recharge. A seasonal clothing allowance and discount provides you and your loved ones the opportunity to enjoy wearing our Fairtrade organic cotton clothing. We also share some amazing discount privileges with like minded sustainably focused businesses.
Kowtow is growing and our newly refurbished workroom and studio is an inspiring place to work in central Wellington, Aotearoa’s creative capital. We provide an environment where people can achieve their potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and development, and we actively encourage collaboration and ideation. You will thrive at Kowtow if you are naturally confident, have a positive attitude and share our vision of leaving the planet better than we found it.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now through Seek or by emailing us at email@example.com with your cover letter and CV.