Brand Communications Coordinator
Who We Are
Preserving the planet. Protecting the people.
Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow is a seed-to-garment brand, made entirely from 100% Fairtrade certified organic cotton.
Gosia believes that clothing is a vessel for a much bigger concept towards a healthier planet and a fairer world. Determined to create a positive environmental contribution, Kowtow works with nature to provide people with a natural and circular clothing solution, whilst working in sustainability and innovation.
“The limitations of our ethos keeps us innovative. We don’t compromise on design, and embrace restrictions. This gives our garments a strong minimal identity, and we believe the simplicity of our clothing is the first step toward circularity.”
– Gosia Piatek, Kowtow Founder
The Role and what you will bring
In a nutshell, your day to day will be supporting the Head of Brand with the planning and coordination of a variety of brand marketing initiatives, actively working across teams to get things done.
Highly energetic and organised, you know how to multitask in a fast paced environment and you will thrive on the variety of this hands-on role. Collaborating with the creative and digital teams to deliver on the marketing calendar plan, you are passionate about the world of PR and marketing communications and have a talent for building strong relationships both internally and externally.
This opportunity is ideal for you if you are an ambitious marketing and communications professional looking to progress your career journey with a respected New Zealand brand.
The Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the coordination of brand and marketing initiatives, ensuring consistent communications and tone of voice across all platforms
- Work across teams to support marketing calendar planning and the activation of launches, promotions and campaign activities
- Contribute to the delivery of clear and engaging written content for a variety of platforms, including editing and proofreading
- Coordinate and develop positive PR and marketing relationships with Agency and media representatives
- Collaborate with Creative and Digital teams to research, develop and coordinate external partnerships and collaborations, influencer relationships and gifting programmes
- Support the Head of Brand to champion brand guardianship and actively encourage communication sharing across the business
- Maintain understanding of competitor activity, industry landscape, innovation and trends
Your Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in brand marketing roles (ideally in fashion or similar industry)
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal and written skills, and experience writing, editing and proof-reading brand content
- Mac literate and familiar with Adobe Suite
- Sound knowledge of current brand and marketing trends and an understanding of the competitive landscape
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional time management and ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
Ideally you care about preserving the planet as much as we do and have a genuine interest in circularity, sustainability and innovation.
Working at Kowtow
At Kowtow we are proud of our kind and caring culture. Flexible working options, birthday leave and volunteer days are just some of the ways we support the health and wellbeing of our team, and we are currently trialling a reduced working week to allow our people more time to rest and recharge. A seasonal clothing allowance and discount provides you and your loved ones the opportunity to enjoy wearing our Fairtrade organic cotton clothing. We also share some amazing discount privileges with like minded sustainably focused businesses.
Kowtow is growing and our newly refurbished workroom and studio is an inspiring place to work in central Wellington, Aotearoa’s creative capital. We provide an environment where people can achieve their potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and development, and we actively encourage collaboration and ideation. You will thrive at Kowtow if you are naturally confident, have a positive attitude and share our vision of leaving the planet better than we found it.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now through Seek or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.